May 10, 2017
Muffins are on the menu for this week's episode! And since their bakery is shut down and they are going a little stir crazy, Taunya has decided to share the muffin recipe that they use in their bakery. It's the best recipe you'll find that will compliment any fruit.
The sisters share a bit more about the business and what they plan to do during this month of closure while repairs are happening...A lot about travel...link for gapadventures the company that Taunya used when she went to Peru!
You can email the sisters at email@example.com--They would LOVE to hear from you!
Be sure to join the facebook group, it’s happening! Just search for “the baking podcast group”. You can also check us out on Instagram “the baking podcast”.
Now the recipe for the ultimate muffin!
2.43 oz of canola oil
2.43 oz of melted butter
9.5 oz of sugar
4.3 oz of eggs
7.5 oz of milk
1.5 tsp vanilla extract (get the best you can afford)
12.50 oz bread flour
1 tbs baking powder
1.5 tsp salt
8 oz of your choice of fruit (if using berries they should be frozen)
a. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside
2. Blend the oil, butter, and sugar (you can use either a kitchenaid with paddle or a danish whisk, or a wooden spoon)
3. Add eggs, milk, vanilla to the butter mixture
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed to just incorporated, continue to mix on low for 30 seconds (extra mixing helps with peaked top).
5. Gently fold in berries
6. scoop in greased or papered muffin pans (makes about 12)
7. Garnish with pearl sugar, sliced almonds, streusel, or granulated sugar just before baking.
8. bake for approx 20 minutes (for fresh berries) and up to 25 for frozen berries. Test with cake tester to make sure it comes clean.
9. let rest out of the oven in the pan for 10 minutes before removing