Jun 14, 2017
Let’s face it, sometimes only white bread will do (and it may be
the only thing your kids will eat); stop buying that stuff that
substitutes as bread at the grocery store and make your own. It’s
cheap, lasts for days, more nutritious, and you know exactly that’s
in it. PLUS it’s delicious!
The sisters also give a BIG update on the business.
You can email the sisters at email@example.com--They
would LOVE to hear from you!
Be sure to join the Facebook group, it’s happening! Just search
for “the baking podcast group”. You can also check us out on
White Pan Bread
Pinch of instant yeast
Instructions: Mix the flour, water and yeast, until well
incorporated, let ferment in room temperature then refrigerate for
12 to 14 hours
28g Dried milk solid
56g butter (softened)
- Using a stand mixer mix all the ingredients listed in the final
dough on medium speed with the hook attachment for 10 to 13 minutes
(warning…watch the heat on your mixer, do not overheat—always use a
mixer that has not been used for at least 2 hours). OR mix all
ingredients in a bowl and turn dough on a flour surface and knead
for at least 10 minutes.
- take a small piece with wet hands and spread/stretch the dough
with your two hands to see if the dough forms a gluten window with
limited webbing. Google gluten window to see examples. If dough
breaks or the dough doesn’t form a good window, mix or a minute and
- Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover with a towel for 1 hour
- 1 hour, transfer dough to a floured surface, and separate into
2 equal pieces
- With each piece, form a rough small rectangle, turn the long
side over to connect the other side and gently roll (not to make
longer just to form the shape). Do this to both pieces. Let rest
for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, flatten each piece and form into a cylinder
as described above, and transfer seam side down in a sprayed loaf
pan. Repeat (you’ll make 2 loaves).
- Allow to rise for 1 ½ to 2 hours, it should rise above your
- Bake for 35 minutes at 390 degrees; until golden brown
- Remove from pan and allow to cool on a rack before