Feb 15, 2017
Today the sisters discuss baking with molds. Taunya introduces
St Agatha the patron saint of bakers and tells her tragic story and
the pastry that is made in her name in Italy; the Minne di St
Taunya re-uses the mold to make easy chocolate bowls that are
perfect for mousse, fruit, or ice cream.
Melody prepares a tasty goat cheese, honey and pistachio spread
The sisters give an update on the business and the happenings of
the The Baking Podcast Facebook group. It's hopping!!
Minne di St Agata
To make the Chocolate bowls:
6 oz dark chocolate (chopped)
- Using a double-boiler (or a bowl on top of a saucepan).
Bring a saucepan to simmer. Add 5 oz of the chocolate to the
bowl and place on the saucepan and melt the chocolate.
- Remove from heat and add remaining chocolate. Stir to melt. Let
sit for 3 minutes.
- Add a tablespoon to each sphere and then pick up the mold
and swirl so all of spheres are coated--add more if
- Pick up the mold, face down and shake vigorously (keep
parchment paper below to catch the chocolate (eat those bits when
- Wipe the surface of the mold and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove gently from the molds by pushing on the backside each
sphere to popup each bowl.
You can email the sisters at email@example.com. Find us on instagram (The
Join our Facebook group, and share your successes and failures,
ask questions, and share your knowledge!