The sisters continue with their exploration with baking with pumpkin with a lovely pumpkin bread pudding suitable for breakfast, lunch, or brunch. Taunya also introduces Mary Berry's classic shortbread cookie, with a unusual twist!
The sisters also give an update on the business and announce our Bad Ass Baker of the episode.
Join our Facebook Group and the fun. Search for The Baking Podcast on Facebook.
You can email the sisters at firstname.lastname@example.org--They would LOVE to hear from you!
Here are the recipes:
Feel free to substitute, semonlina or rice flour for the corn flour.
For twice baked shortbread, bake first as directed (340 degrees) remove, allow to sit for 10 minutes, cut as directed, transfer to a cookie sheet and carefully separate the shortbread and inch or 2 apart, then bake at 300 degrees for an additional 10 to 20ish minutes, to your desired crispness.
Add any of these to the butter and sugar before adding the flour:
- vanilla seeds of 1 vanilla pod and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- orange-cardamom zest of 1 orange, finely grated, and ½ tsp
- freshly ground cardamom seeds, sifted
- lemon-lavender zest of 1 unwaxed lemon, finely grated, and 4 tsp
- fresh lavender flowers
- cinnamon 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- coffee 1 tbsp instant or filter coffee dissolved in 1 tsp boiling water
- salt and pepper 24 turns of a pepper mill, or to taste; also sprinkle more pepper on top with the caster sugar
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
NOTE: Feel free to crank up those spices